Come join us at Southern Village Club for a full day camp of
healthy and fun activities, crafts, games and sports!
Read below for more information about Day Camp!
Week 1: June 13 – 17
Week 2: June 20 – 24
Week 3: June 27 – July 1
Week 4: July 11- 15
Week 5: July 18 – 22
Week 6: July 25 – 29
Week 7: August 1 – 5
Week 8: August 8 – 12
Play Healthy, Play Safe
We will strive to provide a safe and fun environment for our campers in 2022. Some of our safety precautions (may) include:
- Social distancing
- Small, consistent groups of campers who are registered for one-week sessions.
- Required: Parents should screen children daily before camp. Parents will be required to certify that they have screened their children when they check-in each morning.
- Wearing of masks indoors is optional.
- Screening of employees will take place daily prior to the start of shift.
- Check-in may be outdoors on the upstairs patio.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer (applied by counselors)
- Outdoor activities will be prioritized.
- We encourage open lines of communication with parents. It is very important for us all to successfully navigate this summer.
- Belongings will be stored in the clubhouse, spaced apart.
- Sunscreen should be applied to children before the camp day begins by their parent.
- PFD’s (personal flotation devices) should be provided by parents for children who are non-swimmers and/or are unable to meet the swim test requirements for safe pool play.
As always, camp will be focused on outdoor activities, however we will be using the clubhouse space for storage of belongings, weather events, and as a play space as needed.
We request that you review social distancing, hand hygiene, and proper respiratory etiquette (sneezing, coughing into elbow, handwashing afterwards) with your children PRIOR to their arrival at camp, and we will let you know if reminders are needed. We also require that you screen your child before each camp session according to the following guidelines, and if your child has any of the listed symptoms, please keep the child home and inform us immediately.
Covid-19 Symptom Checker:
Stay home and isolate if in the past 24 hours, you or anyone in your household has:
- Had a fever above 100.4° F
Or had any of these symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
Please note that in caring for children, who do not always fully understand the implications of Covid-19, even our most stringent practices and best intentions of providing the safest atmosphere possible are not going to be without some imperfections. We are committed to do our absolute best to keep everyone safe while enabling a great camp experience.
Information for Parents / Camp Policies
Registration / Payment:
After submitting your registration through the above link, the Club will register you for the weeks you expressed interest in, contingent on availability. We will do our best to keep the website and this Google Form updated with weeks that are “full”. Registrants will be emailed an invoice for the weeks registered. A payment link is attached to the invoice.
Your reservations are guaranteed for 48 hours. If we do not receive payment within 48 hours after invoice send, your spots will be released.
Once paid, you can retain a copy of your invoice as a receipt. We will follow up with more information about our current Covid-19 policy before camp begins.
What to bring to camp:
- Filled Water Bottle – please label.
- Swimsuit and towel – please label.
- Sunscreen (waterproof, sports, 30 plus is recommended) – please label. While we reapply frequently, for extra protection we recommend long sleeve UPF rash guards which can be found on Amazon.
- Lunch with additional snacks for fuel throughout the day (if campers have pool snack bar restrictions, please let me know).
- Change of clothes
- Personal Flotation Device if the child is a non-swimmer or has been unable to meet the swim test requirements for safe pool play.
- Athletic shoes should be worn at all times
- Athletic shoes required in addition to and tennis racquet on Tuesdays/Thursdays
- Any necessary medication with instructions/dosage
Please make sure that your children are dropped-off and picked-up in a timely manner. Camp drop-off starts at 8:30, and camp ends at 3:30pm unless you have chosen aftercare that ends at 5pm. If you have a sitter or grandparent pick-up your child, please let the camp counselors know upon drop-off. We will need to see some sort of identification for people picking up other than yourself.
If your child is walking/riding to camp this week and has your permission to leave camp on their own, you must give your written consent. Also, if your child will be late or absent on any day, please let me know ahead of time.
Pick-up must be timely. A late pick-up is defined as picking up 10 minutes or later past scheduled pick-up time. One grace pick-up is permitted, and a late fee of $15 will be assessed for each additional occurrence to cover staff cost.
Devices such as cell phones, smart watches, gaming equipment, etc. is not permitted in camp. If used, it will be remanded to the camp counselors for the remainder of the day.
Food / Snack Bar
Food/lunch is not provided. Campers must bring their own lunches and snacks. We will refill water bottles throughout the day. Snacks are available at the snack bar and members can charge to their accounts. We do not encourage use of the snack bar, and the only permitted foods for purchase during camp are: chips, popcorn, water, Gatorade, cookies. No sodas or candy is permitted.
No refunds are available. If space is available in another week you will be offered an alternative.
“We moved to Southern Village right at the beginning of summer. Having our seven-year-old daughter in SV Summer Camp was such a great way to get to know the neighborhood and meet people. She in particular loved the excursions on local walking trails and parks, tennis and swimming, creative art projects and, most of all, the fabulous and encouraging camp counselors. As parents, we loved that it was so close to walk, the counselor and staff clearly care about safety, and that the small groups allowed for highly individualized attention. I highly recommend this wonderful neighborhood camp!”
The SVC Summer Day Camp has been a staple of our family’s summers since we moved to Southern Village in the Spring of 2015. After moving from Germany, we needed a way to entertain our energetic 8 year old for the summer. The SVC Summer Camp was the perfect solution. It was located within walking distance, offered my son a balance of outdoor exploration and play, indoor creative arts and fun games, and best of all, ending each day with a cooling off in the club’s beautiful pool all while meeting new friends. My son fell in love with being in the pool and with some lessons, he became a proficient swimmer that summer. A few years later, my daughter was able to start attending day camp.
The SVC Camp is a godsend. The best thing part of all is knowing that I have left my kids in the care of warm, loving, fun, energetic, and responsible people. The camp counselors take wonderful care of the children, not only entertaining and teaching them, keeping them close by and safe, but also making sure they reapply sunscreen, stay hydrated, and eat healthily.
All said, I thank the SVC Summer Camp for being there for my kids and encourage everyone to join in.